my humble home, and art, and such....

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

last minute masterpiece ;)


Well, this month's MPTS theme definitely challenged me!! Theme:Tropical w/ pearls and satin, Technique: embossing!! I honestly couldn't for the life of me figure out how to combine all these things into an altered art piece......kudos to MPTS for making me think hard on this one!!

but then...things started coming together little by little (of course on the night the project is due...oye!) and I have creating a little wall hanging piece that I decided I love ;)

Started searching for vintage pics on the internet...and finally found this beach Victorian chickie, and a little while later, this 1906 tropical pic. The satin trim is off of a fabric remnant I found at my fave antique mall last week...and had the little "pearls" in w/ my vintage buttons.

Embossing was tricky, as I don't have the tools for this sort of thing, embossed the edges of the pics using a vintage frame...didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but if ya look close you may be able to make out the tiny embossed flowers...

If ya ask me art challenges are the neatest thing since sliced bread and the funnest thing since the hula hoop ;) Click Creative Paper Artists (the MPTS blog)...Check out what the other creative gals have done w/ this same theme and JOIN IN THE FUN!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is stunning! All i need now is a coconut drink in my hand and sunglasses!!