my humble home, and art, and such....

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November Tree


Have you visited the MPTS forum yet! If you are a scrapper, stamper, and/ or altered artist, you need to get in on the fun!! Stop by the MPTS blog to see the design team members takes on this months challenge and THEN do the challenge yourself and post it!!

November's Challenge:

Theme for November "Leafless Trees"
Materials: buttons and felt
Technique: ink blending
"Leafless Trees" November is usually cold and gray...but think of "you are taking a walk early morning and you can hear the wind between the tree branches and feel the cold on your cheeks... you're NOT cold because you are wearing your favorite thick wool cardigan...All of a sudden, the comfort smell of wood burning in chimneys reaches you and you take everything in...All your senses are fully awake...You happily remind yourself how wonderful it is going to be at home sitting by the fireplace with a nice cup of tea, coffee or coco!"
Lovely Idea submitted by Design Team Member, Chantel

Here is my November Challenge Piece. My "November Tree". Up here in Maine, some trees are leafless already! And my family loves taking walks and coming home to cocoa and coffee. My tree actually has a strand of a few leaves still on it. This tree is a tree close to home, Imagine a big brother and his little sister buttoned and bundled up for a walk in the woods, coming home (see their key) to candles their mother has lit and a woodstove. The felt ties on the tags, keys, and candles make me think of warm scarves. I loved making this piece! Thanks for the idea Chantel!

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Heather,

your tree is extraordinary! I can capture so many emotions...I love it!!! You did it again...Fabulous challenge! :o)